09 January 2009

Winter Trail Advice

Well, seeing as my weekend trip to Mew Lake is coming up, and I have never done any of the highway 60 corridore day trails in the winter before, I thought I would ask my readers for some advice.

To give you some context, I consider myself as a novice when it comes to snowshoeing, and hence have narrowed down the list of trails to under 3.5 km, but really think I should stick to under 2 km. I will be carrying a daypack with emergency supplies, as well as a hot lunch. I plan on leaving by 10:00 am, with the aim of being off the trail by 2:00 pm (give or take a bit).

So I ask:

Which of the following trails would you likely take for a winter snowshoe hike?
Whiskey Rapids (2.1km)
Hardwood Lookout (0.8 km)
Peck Lake (1.9 km)
Hemlock Bluff (3.5 km)
Two Rivers (2 km)
pollcode.com free polls

As always, I thank you ahead of time for your input. I'll keep this poll open until January 14th, 2009 and announce the results then.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo

No comments: